Education Services Company
Senior Leadership role
- Senior Leadership role
- Working with leading universities from around the world.
- Located in Beijing
About Our Client
Our Client is a provider of marketing, strategy and staffing services to universities from around the world, including the US, Canada, Australia and the UK. A North American company, it currently has more than 100 staff, in offices across China, Malaysia, Vietnam and India.
About the Role
The Associate Director will play a leadership role in running our Client’s 3 China offices. As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Manage the 3 offices and staff, and foster a strong local culture.
- Monitor entity health including the regulatory landscape and ensure local compliance.
- Suggest opportunities for operational improvements.
- Keep up to date with the state of the art in terms of recruitment best practices in the region
- Provide pastoral care to all local staff, as well as helping managers identify local staff who have performance, attendance, or other problems.
- Work closely with our client institutions to support their engagements globally, including providing: consultation as to best practices; problem solving and assistance with strategy setting; and assistance in communicating market norms.
- Bachelor’s degree. Masters is desirable. A degree from a reputable university is an advantage.
- Marketing experience and expertise from within the HE sector, especially the use of digital and social marketing to increase enrollment outcomes and brand awareness.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a role in the higher education industry, public or private.
- Deep knowledge of the higher education system of our client destination countries (especially US & Canada, but also UK/IRE, Australia, New Zealand)
- Strong understanding or experience of the student recruitment landscape across Asia, specifically in China (including agent management, TNE, academic partnerships and school engagement)
The ideal candidate will be an experienced International education professional, with team leadership and management experience, as well as deep knowledge of and passion for student recruitment and institutional engagement in China.
Does this sound like you?