China operations management role
- Leading UK University
- Operations and Office management role
- Job located in Beijing
About Our Client
Our Client is a UK university and a global leader in Transnational Education, with a long history of cooperation with university partners throughout Asia.
About the Role
The Operations Manager – China will report to Associate Pro Vice-Chancellor (UK based) and support the China Leadership Team across a wide range of functions including administration, HR, sales and marketing.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Provides a high level of administrative support to the Leadership team of the China Hub and wider team, ensuring effective diary management, travel arrangements and preparation for meetings.
- Acts as the first point of contact for queries into the office either face to face or via email/telephone.
- Responsible for the smooth running of office operations, liaising with both service providers internally and externally to resolve office operational issues.
- Provides an HR administration service as required to the China Hub including preparation and checking of the monthly payroll.
- Administers and contributes to the organisation of events, conferences, seminars, staff away days and formal meetings relating to identified activities.
- Provides a financial administrative support as appropriate/required.
- Develops marketing material, working closely with the Marketing and External Affairs Team as required/appropriate.
- Creates and maintains office procedures, gathers and tracks relevant data, and ensures that office records are accurately maintained in a secure and compliant manner.
- 3-10 years of experience in office management, HR or sales/marketing.
- Strong attention to detail and process oriented.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office and other workplace productivity software.
- Collaborative working style; team player.
- Good understanding of local Chinese labor law.
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Work or study abroad experience in the United Kingdom is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be a highly process and detail oriented individual, with a wide range of experience across administration, HR and sales/marketing, as well experience working or studying with a UK university.
Does this sound like you?