Transnational Education and Student Recruitment
- Leading UK University
- Senior leadership and management role
- Job located in Beijing
About Our Client
Our Client is a UK university and a global leader in Transnational Education, with a long history of cooperation with Chinese university partners.
About the Role
The Country Manager will report to the Head of East Asia and be responsible for leading a team of 7-8 China based staff to support recruitment activity from Chinese partner universities.
As part of this role, the successful candidate will:
- Lead and set recruitment targets and to develop and enact student progression activities, as well as recruitment plans, across all China partnerships.
- Support the Head of Asia in monitoring the Chinese regulatory environment, and provide regular and concise reporting back to the university.
- Lead the team in planning, developing and participating in agreed promotional activities and events at partner universities and institutions.
- Maintain strong and effective links with faculties providing market intelligence and insights to key university stakeholders.
- Oversee the China telesales team and manage the team’s engagement with students and parents through other channels such as Open Days and WeChat groups.
- 10+ years of experience or equivalent in a role related to education or international education, with an emphasis on student recruitment.
- Knowledge about UK higher education and the UK as a destination for international students, as well as the admissions process from application to enrolment.
- Strong team leadership, communication and time management skills.
- Experience in cross cultural stakeholder management.
- Fluent in English.
- Work or study abroad experience in the United Kingdom is a plus.
- Experience developing institution partnerships for a UK institution would be a plus.
The ideal candidate will be a senior manager with a balance of experience across institution partnerships and student recruitment.
Does this sound like you?